For Dino Time Travel Enthusiasts, it was the show of shows, cruelly cut short. For fans of Terra Nova, good news – not only does the DVD release in Australia today, but the motion comic that finishes off the story comes with it.
For a limited time, fans will get access the Terra Nova Files online. Would the Sixers, Lucas and the Phoenix Group have completed their secret mission? Or would Commander Taylor and the Shannons have been able to win back Terra Nova for the future?
If you get the DVD, unique codes allow access to the Terra Nova Story website, where you’ll find the original motion comic that picks up the Shannons’ story right from the last scene of the final episode – and you can find out.
If you’re really keen – you can also finish the story the way they would have liked to have seen it.
I’ve got 3 Terra Nova DVDs to give away, and an exclusive clip of the Aussies that worked with the magic of animatronic dinosaurs, quite possibly one of the coolest jobs on the planet, ever.
Check out this very cool clip of the Aussie Animatronic Geniuses (AAG) working on set. It’s impressive to see how much of the show was not CGI.
If you’re thinking of getting Terra Nova on DVD, here’s a list of the extras:
OVER 2.5 HOURS OF SPECIAL FEATURES:
Director’s Diaries – Making the Pilot
Occupation / Resistance – Extended Episode
Cretaceous Life: The Dinosaurs of Terra Nova
Audio Commentary on Occupation/Resistance with Stephen Lang, Brannon Braga and Rene Echevarria
THE DINOSAURS OF TERRA NOVA
If you’re into Dinosaurs in a big way – Terra Nova will give you the fix you crave. Here’s just some of the Dinosaurs you’ll meet on the show.
• Ovosaurus – A cross between a Velociraptor and a Carnotaurtus, these evil looking Dinosaurs have an obsession with nickel used in cables which has been described as catnip to them.
• Nicoraptor – Fast and deadly, these fictional Dinosaurs hunt in packs and have been likened to wild dogs due to their mangy appearance. They go by the nickname Nykos.
• Pterosaurs – Winged reptiles that come in various groups, these include; Pteranodon, Rhamphorhynchus and Ornithocerius.
• Brachiosaurus – The first Dinosaur spotted by the Shannon family on Terra Nova weighs 29-43 metric tons and grows to up to 85 feet in length. They are herbivores with extremely small heads and brains for a Dinosaur their size.
• Ankylosaurus – Featuring only briefly in Terra Nova this herbivore hatched from an egg in an incubator after being abandoned. This Dinosaur can be identified by its spiked armour and club like growth at the end of its tail.
• Carnotaurtus – A very fast and deadly species and much like the T-Rex, they have a long tail and tiny arms but are differentiated by their large horns.
• Acceraptor – Given the nickname ‘Slasher’ by the Terra Nova colonists due to its razor sharp tail, so sharp it can cut through metal. Acceraptors can be identified by their colourful feathers.
• Howlers – Seen but never heard these mysteries creatures have a rather loud scream and are only mentioned by the human residents of Terra Nova on one of the many journeys
• Allosaurus – A large carnivorous dinosaur that grow to an enormous size and can rival the T-Rex in size. They move in large groups and are collectively known as the Allosauroids